WHAT ROLE DOES THE COOLANT PLAY IN THE GENERATOR SET?
As a component to ensure the safe operation of the generator set, the cooling system can not only effectively control the high temperature generated by the operation of the generator set, but also have different anti-freezing, anti-corrosion and anti-boiling effects on the cooling system. Therefore, a correct understanding of the cooling system of the generator set will not only help to select the generator set with reasonable cost performance, but also greatly help the maintenance in the future. Therefore, according to the current cooling products on the market, the following functions of the cooling system are summarized:
1. Anti-freezing, in the case of low temperature, ensure that the cooling system of the unit is not damaged by freezing. Generally speaking, the freezing point of commonly used cooling liquid is between MINUS 20 degrees and 45 degrees, which is often reasonably selected according to the actual needs of different regions to meet the use requirements.
2. Anti-boiling, ensuring that it will not boil too early at high temperature. Generally, the boiling point of coolant is 104 -108 degrees, but when the coolant is added to the cooling system and generates pressure, the boiling point will be higher.
3. Anticorrosion, special cooling liquid can reduce the corrosion of cooling system, thus reducing the problem of “water leakage” caused by corrosion of cooling system.
4. Anti-rust, high-quality coolant can avoid rusting of cooling system, which will lead to accelerated wear and reduce heat conduction efficiency.
5. Scale prevention, because the cooling liquid uses deionized water, it can avoid scaling and precipitation, thus protecting the unit. Coolant is generally replaced every 1.5 to 2 years. If it is not replaced for a long time, the anti-corrosion, anti-rust and anti-scaling functions of coolant will be reduced.